The Training Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordinating logistics associated with all aspects of Diveheart’s Adaptive Training Program, including:
- Communicating with dive professionals, students and others inquiring about the Diveheart program.
- Coordinating the systems related to processing certifications for all levels of students, from initial registration to c-card processing and follow up.
- Working with the Training Committee regarding implementation and enforcement of Diveheart policies and procedures as well as the long-range strategy of the Diveheart training program.
- Enforcing compliance with quality assurance policies and procedures
- Working with Diveheart regional teams and the Diveheart main office.
- Promoting active and broad participation by volunteers assisting in the training program.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of recreational and adaptive scuba, including staying current on significant developments and trends in the field.
- Representing the Diveheart Adaptive Training Program before scuba certification agencies, dive-related organizations and the general public.
- Experienced scuba instructor in active status and good standing with a recognized scuba training organization.
- Preferred: Advanced instructor credentials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Preferred: B.A. or B.S. college degree
- Preferred: Adaptive Scuba Instructor with 50 logged Adaptive Dive Team dive
Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client-facing skills, including training ability and experience
- Strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills, client management skills, self-direction, and motivation
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (a plus but not required)
- Experience with Chalkboard (a plus but not required)
Tinamarie Hernandez, Executive Director