MIAMI – Sandals Resorts International (SRI), parent company of Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts, debuted its newest and most contemporary Luxury Included® resort, Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort & Spa, on December 21, 2013. Situated on 17 acres of stunning land along the pristine Pink Gin Beach, Sandals LaSource Grenada offers guests the highest level of luxury with an unprecedented look and feel for the resort company’s portfolio. The newly opened property features Sandals’ most elaborate accommodations to date, nine global gourmet dining options with the brand’s very first steakhouse, and an expansive Wellness Center.
Boasting coral inhabited azure waters met by white-sand beaches, locals that treat visitors like house guests, and a history that that dates back to 1705, the island of Grenada is a marvelous addition to Sandals’ collection of stunning scenery and memorable experiences. “We are thrilled to introduce our guests to another breathtaking Caribbean island, offering even more alluring destinations for a Luxury Included® Vacation,” says Gordon ‘Butch’ Stewart, Chairman of Sandals Resorts International. “With our enhancements of the former LaSource Resort, Sandals LaSource Grenada will exceed guests’ expectations while allowing them to enjoy the natural beauty of the Spice Island.”
Conveniently located only minutes from Maurice Bishop International airport, Sandals LaSource Grenada boasts a total of 231 rooms housed within three distinct villages: Pink Gin, Italian and South Seas. The resort’s accommodations, dining options, attractions and amenities include:
- Pink Gin Village: Exuding a serene, tropical ambiance, the resort’s Pink Gin Village is comprised of two existing blocks of rooms refurbished with custom-built, contemporary furniture, elegant Turkish marble floors and lavish amenities. One block boasts 70 oceanfront rooms, including walkout rooms, while the second block includes 30 luxurious junior suites. Additionally, all bathrooms have been completely redesigned to be modern and exposed with transitioning wall art to customize privacy. Guests of the Pink Gin Village have easy access to the resort’s gorgeous stretch of white sand beach, a new zero-entry infinity pool, expanded and renovated lobby, including the departure lounge, Club Sandals Concierge, gift shop, wedding lounge, SnapShots photography, Island Routes Tours desk, and the resort’s Red Lane® Spa with nine treatment rooms, as well as a nail and hair salon. For entertainment, guests can enjoy the multi-purpose “Living Room,” an outdoor open-air hangout featuring a bar, piano, billiards, Ping-Pong and more.
- Italian Village: Perched upon a cliff overlooking the resort and breathtaking Pink Gin Beach, the all-new five-story Italian Village consists of 48 rooms with two exclusive river pools at the ground level. The first three floors feature one-bedroom, split-level suites with spacious bathrooms, flat screen televisions and Japanese-style soaking tubs. The fourth and fifth floors consist of more extravagant suites with butler pantries, stand-up showers, freestanding claw-footed bathtubs, living rooms, dressing rooms, and private infinity edge plunge pools situated on the balcony.
- South Seas Village: The exotic South Seas Village is another brand new addition to the resort, consisting of the brand’s signature Rondoval suites, top-tier millionaire suites, plunge pool suites and luxury and premium rooms. Situated on the resort’s mountainside, guests staying in the South Seas Village are able to take advantage of the nearby pool with a coveted, thatched-roof swim-up bar. The state-of-the-art millionaire suites, the highest room category, feature private entrances, glass tile plunge pools, indoor and outdoor showers, 65-inch TVs and more. Rondoval guests have an indoor 61-inch round tub, indoor and outdoor showers, private pool and Jacuzzi as part of their secluded accommodation.
- Dining Options: Guests are able to whet their palates at their choice of nine global, gourmet dining options, including the island’s first top-tier steakhouse called Butch’s Chophouse, named after the resort company’s founder and chairman. True to the mission of Sandals’ Discovery Dining program, internationally trained chefs create authentic dishes that take guests on a gastronomic expedition around the world without ever having to leave the resort. Housed in the Pink Gin Village, Sandals LaSource Grenada’s impressive gastronomic experiences includes Soy, a sushi bar; Café De Paris, a French café; Spices, serving Caribbean cuisine; Le’Jardinier, a French restaurant; and Neptune’s, a Mediterranean beach bar. Those dining in the South Seas Village can enjoy Kimono’s, a Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant; Cucina Romana for Italian fare; Butch’s Chophouse; and Dino’s Pizzeria.
- Attractions and Amenities: When it comes to entertainment, the resort provides plenty of options to suit any guest, whether offering themed cocktail parties, beach bonfires, or live piano music and dancing at the “Living Room.” At night, guests can also enjoy unwinding at one of Sandals’ signature fire pits romantically scattered about the resort. Another new enhancement includes a fully-equipped indoor and outdoor wellness center complete with a state-of-the-art gym, waterfalls and reflective pools, catering to the needs of all fitness-enthusiasts with special classes, high-performance equipment and ample space to move freely. Finally, for those looking to make Grenada their temporary company office, the resort offers over 2,000 square feet of meeting room space with advanced audio and visual capabilities.
Making its home in the Spice Island, Sandals LaSource Grenada is the fifteenth Sandals Resort in the Jamaican-based company’s portfolio. Delivering all that is promised in a Luxury Included® Vacation guests will encounter the finest beaches in the Caribbean, deluxe accommodations, premium brand wine and spirits including wines by Beringer Vineyards and Appleton Rum, international a la carte culinary delights, land and water sports including SCUBA for certified divers, airport transfers and all resort taxes and fees.
A look at this resort can be found at www.sandals.com/grenada. For more information about Sandals Resorts, or to book your Luxury Included® Vacation today, please visit www.sandals.com, or call 1-800-SANDALS.
With 15 stunning beachfront settings, Sandals Resorts has earned a worldwide reputation for providing two people in love with the most romantic vacation experience in the Caribbean. Sandals Resorts welcomes guests to the islands of Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados and soon Grenada with a myriad of exclusive amenities from luxurious accommodations and Butler service to gourmet specialty dining and premium wines and spirits. The award-winning Sandals Resorts is also the perfect venue for dream destination weddings, vow renewals, honeymoons, or what Sandals Resorts has coined WeddingMoons®. For more information on Sandals Resorts Luxury Included experience, please visit www.sandals.com.